This April, The Race Centre's Track of the Month is the Brands Hatch Indy circuit in Kent. A 1.2 mile circuit, Brands Hatch is one the UK's most recognised racetracks, with its dips, cambers and fearsome corners, including the infamous Paddock Hill bend, combining for some enthralling racing. Since the circuit's creation in 1926, Brands Hatch has been host to its fair share of Motorsport, with Formula 1, Indycar and the British Touring Cars just to name a few.
Take a look at a flying lap of the Brands Hatch Indy Circuit in Andy Priaulx's BMW
Brands Hatch is the location of the first and final rounds of this years British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). The series, formerly known as the British Saloon Car Championship (BSCC), has been running since 1958, and has been home to close and fierce tin-top racing since its inception. The BTCC has been a platform for drivers and manafactuers from all over the world to compete in a ultra-competetive, widely followed series and over the years, drivers from other forms of motorsport have driven in the series. This includes 47 Formula 1 drivers, with former world champions Nigel Mansell, Jim Clark & Graham Hill just to name a few.
We hope you enjoy this fantastic circuit and the cars we have chosen!
Class A Competition : BMW M3 - Cash Prize of £50 for the fastest lap at each venue
Class B Competition : Renault Megane Sport - Free entry to First Monday for the fastest lap at each venue
Class C Competition : BMW 320si - Free entry to First Monday for the fastest three laps at each venue
Class D Competition : Formula Ford - Free entry to First Monday for the fastest five laps at each venue
See best laps for this competition in the Drivers' Paddock.
What can you drive?
- You are welcome to drive any of the month's vehicles at any time in an Open Practice Session
- Lap times and telemetry are recorded for your immediate viewing and future reference
Classes and Promotions
- Drivers with no previous wins default to start as class D drivers
- Coming in the top five in a class D competition will promote you to be a class C driver
- Coming in the top three in a class C competition will promote you to be a class B driver
- Winning a class B competition twice will promote you to be a class A driver
Which Competition Classes can you win?
- If you are a class A driver then you are only eligible to win in the class A competition vehicle
- If you are a class B driver then you are eligible to win in the Class A or B competition vehicles
- If you are a class C driver then you are eligible to win in any of the competition vehicles (A, B or C)
- If you are a class D driver then you are eligible to win in any of the competition vehicles (A, B, C or D)
- Multiple Class wins within a month will result in prizes for the highest win only. Lower "wins" will be passed to the next highest competitors
Terms and Conditions
- For a lap to be legal, your vehicle must have two or more wheels inside or touching the white lines at all times
- Vehicles must be running all standard TRC settings for the month
- Potential prize winning laps must be verified by a TRC staff member
- Free entry to First Monday is for the next event and is non transferable
- TRC Staff are not eligible to win cash prizes. Any cash wins will defer to the next highest position
- Cash prizes available at the following First Monday event or within a max of 30 days of competition end